Best Management Practices

Michael Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Mar 14 13:35:11 EST 1998

First off, do you have a bond or are you holding any security on the logger?
What are BMPs where you are? Are they written or assumed?  There is a chance
your logger is running on a shoestring. With a small sale such as yours, the
logger may not get paid for your wood until after completion. You may be better
off getting the culvert yourself, having him put it in and working out the costs
somehow.

He may be invoking the wrath of the Fisheries enforcement people and in most
states, they have a bigger hammer than you do.