weed control

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Fri Mar 13 23:52:15 EST 1998

Don't know anything about Black Alder or Loblolly.
I've been sorry we ever planted rows narrower than 20'. One could
alternate between Black Locust and Loblolly in the row with 20' row
widths. Then, as you cut out the  Black Locust you'd automatically have
20x20 spacing for the Loblolly. If Loblolly grows as fast as White Pine,
it could be a close race. I'm going to guess your in Kentucky and we
really need some input from some of the southern readers on this type of
situation. I'm not a forester or consultant, just a 20 year observer of
what we've tried personally.