DEBATE OF '98- education of the forestry profession

Nick Ananin visfor at globalnet.co.uk
Sat May 2 11:40:38 EST 1998

We all need to do our little bit to reverse the bad publicity forestry has
had in the past. As part of promoting forestry I set up the Forest Education
Initiative in the North East of Scotland. This provides educational
information about forestry to schools through the library service. Perhaps
the fruits of this effort will be long term but if the children learn the
facts they often influence parents!!

Any other thoughts on promotion?

Nick Ananin at Vision Forestry, Aberdeen, Scotland
visfor at globalnet.co.uk
ICQ Room Chat  number 9677052
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~visfor/
the home of the  Global Association of Online Foresters

P.S There is nothing wrong with the term Forester {[:-)