A NEW Debate on the Forestry Profession

ForestFair forestfair at aol.com
Thu May 7 23:34:43 EST 1998

Don Staples wrote:

>Out of curiosity, since timber is real property, why should there be any
>difference in selling real property for a commission through a Real
>Estate agent, for the little service they render, and a forester selling
>real property for a commission with the work involved?

  There's a BIG difference.  If I tell a realtor that I want to list my house
and 2 acres with him, if they decide to sell, instead, my house, barn, and 30
acres, I have the ability to see it for what it is.  If a landowner tells a
forester that he wants to limit his sale in some way, the landowner generally
doesn't have the knowledge needed to make sure his wishes are carried out.

Family Forest Fair '98, Oct. 3 & 4, Greenwich NY
I-87 to Saratoga Springs, Exit 14, west on Route 29