Forest Focus - November 16, 1998

John Tiffany formgt_mkt at sprynet.com
Mon Nov 16 20:24:32 EST 1998

Comment on Lamb Brook-

I am very familiar with the Lamb Brook Area. It is NOT this pristine
"wilderness area", preservationists make it out to be. There are existing
trails and roads (a class 4 town rd.) throughout this area. These trails are
used by ATV's, snowmobiles, mountain bikes, hikers, hunters, etc...

Yes black bear do use the area, they also use an orchard down the mountain,
on a town road within 200' of an occupied house. The bears never left the
area after the construction of windmills on an abutting property, in fact
they were seen going into the area during active construction. A moose would
also wander around while construction was taking place.

I have more birds here, than ever before. I've never heard very many birds
in a "wilderness area", the habitat doesn't suit them.

There are already 2 other wilderness areas on the Green Mtn National Forest
in Southern Vermont,,we do not need a third.

What I'd like to know is where do you preservationist get your writing
materials, I assume you use paper? Do you live in wooden houses? Do you
consume fossil fuels? Do you have more than 2 children? Where are they going
to live? In a house or some dark, cold, cave?
<9bdf81bd&2.2.16.19981116112813.40ef2d2a at pop.igc.org>...