save the trees! - headwaters forest pic

Don Baccus dhogaza at
Tue Nov 17 14:52:28 EST 1998

In article <72qad2$3eu$1 at>,
Tim Martin <tmartin at> wrote:

>Is this forest privately owned or on public land?

Privately owned.  This is the second time the state's declined to
renew their license, the first time things were resolved, supposedly,
but the company apparently just ignored the terms.  I don't have the
specific list of violations in front of me, but they included things
like operating heavy equipment in streams and other precluded activities.

The CA forestry dept (or whatever they call the governmental agency
in charge down there) said that the decision to not renew was only
taken after a stream of warnings which were apparently ignored by the

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza at>
  Nature photos, on-line guides, at