US prices for logs

Larry Stamm larryst at vis.bc.ca
Sat Nov 21 01:51:38 EST 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:01:53 GMT, Vince <vincent.larin at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Thanks for this response.  To have a good comparison could you give me
>the price "road side per cubic meters".  Here we have about 32.00
>canadian dollards per cubic meters, road side, in logs of 8 feet

Here in the interior of BC, stumpage rates for Small Business sales of
SPF timber are running $30 to $60 Can/m3.  The mills were paying about
$80/ m3 for truck length logs a few months ago when they were still
interested in buying timber.  Now they are just trying to use up
what's left in the log yards, if the mill is still operating.

larryst at vis.bc.ca
http://www.mcbridebc.com/luthier