flooding in Central America

Scirius123 scirius123 at aol.com
Sat Nov 21 20:04:23 EST 1998

>Sure, that hurricane is where the water came from. And the water would
>have drained away without dragging down the mountains with them without
>land clearing and indiscriminate logging.

I think it was on National Corporate (sic) Radio recently that Nicaragua is the
most heavily indebted country in the world--on a per capita basis.  So
lots/most of that land clearing was to raise foreign exchange (timber, beef,
other export commodities)  to pay back IMF and World Bank loans, which went to
pay for IMF's and World Bank's bail outs of Chase Manhattan, CitiCorp, BofA, et
al for their bad loans.  Think about it next time you're buying something with
your Master Card or Visa Card, also owned by the same banks.

KMD