Can US forestry mop up all US CO2 emissions?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Nov 25 10:17:47 EST 1998

Gnome 11 wrote:

> The extract below appeared in the news group uk.environment.
>
> Can any US foresters throw any light on this one, please. I wrote to the
> uk.environment group and said I would put the question to
> bionet.agroforestry as it's full of US forestry professionals.
>
> >I wish I could remember more of the details, but I read the other day
> >that the US has determined that it reclaims virtually all of the
> >carbon dioxide it produces via forestry growth.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Gnome 11
> Somewhere in the UK.

I don't have any research papers in front of me, but I highly doubt it.
Since we pump out more CO2 than any other country; if we were alos
capturing it; then there wouldn't be a world problem with CO2.

I think you should also post your message in several of the
environmentalist groups where the folks there might be more up to date
on this issue. If you find anything good in those groups; get back to us
with it.

--
Joe Zorzin, Professional Mud Forester
http://forestmeister.com