forester licensing regs in Massachusetts, they SUCK <G>

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 10:09:59 EST 1998

>Other states may have REAL forester licensing laws, but not
>the lame state of Massachusetts

I don't think other states have REAL forester licensing either--except maybe
California.  The basic problem is that our "professional leadership" in the SAF
and even the ACF don't want REAL licensing.

The bureaucrats don't want it and the academics don't care--for the reasons
outlined in my comments at http://www.forestmeister.com/regs.html.  And many of
the industrial/corporate types don't want it because of their ideas about
property rights.

The result is either no licensing, or PHONEY licensing like we have proposed
here in MA.  From what I saw recently on the PA consultants' website, it looks
like they're about in the same situation as MA.

Karl Davies