Johannes Gutenberg

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Nov 28 13:48:48 EST 1998

That's all well and good but
a) SAF has a private list for members which is where they'll go for "serious"
discussions" if they get razzed too much and
b) the heat seems to be on for the USFS, but I strongly suspect, there aren't
too many of them in the SAF. The org is much bigger among state and private
foresters where membership is expected for career advancement.
c) the rank and file still can't read newsgroups or voice opinions. They'll get
a Congressman down on their backs!
d) there ain't no rank and file left. Man/womanpower is down to skeleton crews
because of season and budgets. They couldn't lay out a timber sale now even if
they could find a certified cruiser, clear the road, or leap over the paperwork.