PILOT SAMPLING

Grüntechnik gruntech at mx3.redestb.es
Thu Nov 19 14:39:31 EST 1998

Can someone tell me how to decide the required number of sample plots of
a pilot sampling with the relascope of Bitterlich. I have find in a
formula of the sample plots  of the forest inventory whitout calculating
the coefficient of variation, but it seam to be a too large number of
sample plots, and make the inventory too expensive.
We are working with inventorys of Quercus suber in Spain, and now we
want to use the Bitterlich relascope for estimating the surface of cork
per ha.
Carlos

Grüntechnik S.L

gruntech at mx3.redestb.es