Amos Keppler's religion

Joseph Zorzin redoak at
Fri Oct 2 17:41:59 EST 1998

Larry Caldwell wrote:
> In article <6un0o9$ri0 at>, arne at says...
> > You obviously didn't read his home page.....frankly druids scare me more
> > than born-again Christians!
> The neopagan movement is certainly making it interesting to grow trees
> any more.  With the ballot measure to ban clearcutting in Oregon, we're
> getting lots of people saying that forests are sacred.  Now, I think
> forests are fine things well worth preserving, but I don't think they are
> sacred.
> -- Larry

Larry, what some people can't comprehend is that you can have your cake
and eat it too.

I consider forests sacred, but I also like to sell timber; so I
apologize to the trees that I mark for sale, explaining that it's for a
good cause. <G>

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister
"The first forestry web page in  Massachusetts."
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau
forestry newsgroups are found at bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry,
the coolest places on the planet for forestry discussion, where the
"cutting edge foresters" hang out