the state of Mass. goes into siege mode!

Joseph Zorzin redoak at
Sun Oct 4 19:08:44 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:
> Joseph Zorzin <redoak at> wrote:
> >So, now, Karl and I have been locked out of the state's email system-
> >our messages do not get passed the state's net server's "postmaster".
> Joe and I joke about storming `The Castle` as in Kafka's novel of that name
> about the nightmare of bureaucracy.  Now it seems they've pulled up the
> drawbridge. <G>
> >We
> >will need support from the forestry cyber community on this. They can't
> >lock all of you out.
> Joe, how about a `Green Badge of Honor` for all those who manage to get locked
> out?  You know, something nice to hang on the wall along with all your other
> credentials. <G>

Yes, good idea. Twenty years from now having that badge will be very,
very cool- like having a picture of yourself at Woodstock. <G>

> Karl

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister,
author of the famous "Z-letter"
"The first forestry web page in  Massachusetts."
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau
forestry newsgroups are found at bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry,
the coolest places on the planet for forestry discussion, where the
"cutting edge foresters" hang out