WALL: Time tells of the Headwaters tragedy

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Oct 5 02:45:05 EST 1998

> You don't have a clue.
> I live in Calif., am licensed (RPF), and am familiar with operations here
> AND the parties involved.
> This "cat & mouse" bullshit is dangerous and they got hammered! It was a
> risk and Chain's number came up. If you can't stand the heat....

I'm not saying I would have done the same thing- no way I'd stand within
a mile of a redwood log job.

But it never fails to amaze me just how Neanderthal is the thinking and
sensitivity of this industry- and politically stupid- because it's this
same attitude that is COSTING forestry such a hideous reputation.

Man, you have the sensitivity of a lizard!

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister,
author of the famous "Z-letter"
"The first forestry web page in  Massachusetts."
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau
forestry newsgroups are found at bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry,
the coolest places on the planet for forestry discussion, where the
"cutting edge foresters" hang out