WALL: Time tells of the Headwaters tragedy

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Oct 5 02:45:05 EST 1998

HULTGREN wrote:

> You don't have a clue.
>
> I live in Calif., am licensed (RPF), and am familiar with operations here
> AND the parties involved.
>
> This "cat & mouse" bullshit is dangerous and they got hammered! It was a
> risk and Chain's number came up. If you can't stand the heat....

I'm not saying I would have done the same thing- no way I'd stand within
a mile of a redwood log job.

But it never fails to amaze me just how Neanderthal is the thinking and
sensitivity of this industry- and politically stupid- because it's this
same attitude that is COSTING forestry such a hideous reputation.

Man, you have the sensitivity of a lizard!

--

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister,
author of the famous "Z-letter"