ACF Weekly Update

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Tue Oct 6 23:06:10 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> > > Don's foolish critique of Clinton built into his signature deleted. <G>
> >
> > A quote from your hero, Joe, the last not so great liberal president.
>
> No, he's not my hero. My heroes are people so brave as to live by their
> principals. Read JFK's "Profiles in Courage" about brave Senators. I
> also consider Ghandi, Martin Luther King, and of course Thoreau to be
> heroes. Thoreau went to jail because he wouldn't pay the poll tax, as a
> protest against our imperialistic invasion of Mexico. It took courage to
> do that. And it took supreme courage for Martin Luther King to fight for
> civil rights against the likes of the KKK.

A quote from one of my hero's, "My hero's have always been cowboys".

Well said, Joe, well said.

--
Don Staples

For information on agroforesty, forestry, and the environment
in general, view the news groups bionet.agroforestry, and alt.forestry.

<< "Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American
people,
 time and time again, and betrayed their trust.  Since he has
 admitted guilt, there is no reason to put the American people through
 an impeachment.  He will serve absolutely no purpose in finishing out
 his term, the only possible solution is for the president to save some
 dignity and resign.">>

 - 12th Congressional District Hopeful William Jefferson Clinton, during
 the Nixon investigations in 1972.