WALL: Time tells of the Headwaters tragedy

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Oct 6 17:22:56 EST 1998

Don Staples wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin wrote:
> >
> > Don Staples wrote:

> > > Now that the House Select Committee has adopted the Democratic
> > > investigative procedure (developed for the 1972 Nixon investigations) to
> > > investigate a Democratic President, the guote becomes even more
> > > poignant.   After all, since William Jefferson Clinton said it, it must
> > > be true, right?
> >
> > You fail to see the distinction between lying about serious national
> > polices and lying about getting oral sex. It amazes me how Puritans
> > confuse the two. <G>
> >
> And it is amazing the liberals see a distinction between purjury, and
> purjury.  Must be a Democratic thing.  Perhaps of the Barney Frank
> generation.
> --

duh.... OK, let's compare 2 robbers. One robs an apple from a street
vendor, and one robs a bank. They are both robberies. Yes, Clinton
committed perjury and should be punished accordingly.

But the hard ass right wingers can't wait to destroy the president over
this issue. And the constitution talks about "high crimes and
misdemeanors" and it's a real stretch that they would condone
impeachment over lying about his womanizing. The right wingers are just
foaming at the mouth over this like a pack of rabid wolves. Their
pushing for impeachement is far more disgusting than Clinton's
womanizing. What they don't understand is that this getting back for the
liberals driving out Nixon, will continue forever- a "Hatfield and
McCoys"- the table will turn, there will be a Republican president and a
Democratic Congress, and the game will continue. Republicans like to
brag about their high moral principals- if so, they should let this
rest. Clinton has already been publicly humiliated and is the laughing
stock of the planet. That's enough punishment for his crimes. Taking out
a president is overkill- and it will backfire. There's still a lot more
liberals in this country, many who don't vote- but when push comes to
shove, you'll be surprised at how much power there is latent in the
liberal camp. Destroy Clinton, and it will be the worse thing to happen
to the Republicans since Nixon, and having personally attended the
Watergate Cover-up Trial in '74- I don't think we need that repeated.