Space for wolverines

gates gates at gates.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 01:27:02 EST 1998

I think a lot of people would really like to see all wolverines shot
into outer space.  However, that is probably an over reaction.

I recall a book by a Swedish guy who set up a sort of sanctuary for
wolverines and kept them as pets.  Being Mustellidae, big weasels, they
probably pong a bit and eat a lot.  As a glutton or karkajou is the
Indian word? they seem to be vicious killers able to plan and hunt the
hunter then eat all day when there's food available.  I'd be interested
to know how many wolverines there are in N. America as I never hear of
the animal, about the size of an alsatian or big badger I believe with
no natural predator except bears, here in the UK.

The real point of my response is that if there is no space for
wolverines in N. America/Alaska there isn't room anywhere and they will
be bound to die out.  Being a fearsome critter stars can't cuddle I also
doubt anyone will take up their case.

Luv and kisses on the bottom

Jakal,              almost a legend if only in his own tea break.

                       email address:  Jakal at gates.demon.co.uk
No copyright notice is included in this message as the author is litigious!

Nothing in the above message is to be taken as being without error or final
or the opinion of anyone other than the author and then only at the time of
writing it - probably.  The author reserves the right to spell any word, or
words really badly, to perpetrate grammatical errors and use words that are
not even English.  He will, however, be glad to clarify anything on request

"For friendship's sake, hang your
old shoes in the yard.
House spirits really love this."      Ken Johnson, Household Spirits,
                                      Llewellyn Magical Almanac 1997.
"So does the wife."                   Jakal, e-mail banner,
                                      well before 1998.