research on ice storm and forest

ForestFair forestfair at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 23:18:55 EST 1998

sebas2402 at hotmail.com (sebastien perrier) wrote:

>If you have informations on the 1991 ice
>storm in n-y or any knowledge on the general subject please contact me.

Do you mean the ice storm of January 1998?  If so, the New York State
Department of Environmental Conservation has the best statistics; Cornell
Cooperative Extension issued the best guidelines for dealing with the impact of
the storm on trees -- urban and forest trees.

Other sources of information are the archives  of the many newspapers and wire
services that covered the storm, and weather websites.

FF