Apostate Christians for zero cut

Ted Kegebein kegebein at planttel.net
Tue Oct 20 10:19:41 EST 1998

Kirk Johnson wrote:

> "Cporter" <cporter at mis.net> wrote:
>
> > I wonder what Ms. Alexander uses for her toiletries or if she has a nice
> > wooden deck to sit on and contemplate her interpretations of the Bible.
> > Perhaps she lives in a straw house.
>
> This line sure is a tired, tired b***s*** red herring. If anyone is
> interested, the brand of toilet paper "Purely Cotton" is tree-free, made
> out of cotton. If you can't find it in your local grocery and want to
> request that they carry it, the UPC code for a four roll pack is: 7 03999
> 00040 1. Alternatively, there are numerous brands which produce tp with
> 100% post-consumer recycled content, and with lower recycled content. And
> in fact, there are fine houses being built largely out of straw, as well
> as numerous other alternative materials. They certainly don't have to be
> built out of publicly owned, taxpayer subsidized, clearcut, old-growth,
> fish and wildlife habitat obliterated wood.
>
> Kirk Johnson

Mr. Johnson,

Please explain how cotton "saves" the environment? Cotton producers use
more pesticides than any other crop that I am aware of. How many acres
of forest have been converted to cotton production? Does cotton produce
as much fiber per acre using the same energy input, etc., as timber
does?

Finally, I suppose right wing Christians are to be feared but leftist
Christians are A-OK?

Ted Kegebein
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1389