Apostate Christians for zero cut

Ted Kegebein kegebein at planttel.net
Tue Oct 20 10:19:41 EST 1998

Kirk Johnson wrote:
> "Cporter" <cporter at mis.net> wrote:
> > I wonder what Ms. Alexander uses for her toiletries or if she has a nice
> > wooden deck to sit on and contemplate her interpretations of the Bible.
> > Perhaps she lives in a straw house.
> This line sure is a tired, tired b***s*** red herring. If anyone is
> interested, the brand of toilet paper "Purely Cotton" is tree-free, made
> out of cotton. If you can't find it in your local grocery and want to
> request that they carry it, the UPC code for a four roll pack is: 7 03999
> 00040 1. Alternatively, there are numerous brands which produce tp with
> 100% post-consumer recycled content, and with lower recycled content. And
> in fact, there are fine houses being built largely out of straw, as well
> as numerous other alternative materials. They certainly don't have to be
> built out of publicly owned, taxpayer subsidized, clearcut, old-growth,
> fish and wildlife habitat obliterated wood.
> Kirk Johnson

Mr. Johnson,

Please explain how cotton "saves" the environment? Cotton producers use
more pesticides than any other crop that I am aware of. How many acres
of forest have been converted to cotton production? Does cotton produce
as much fiber per acre using the same energy input, etc., as timber

Finally, I suppose right wing Christians are to be feared but leftist
Christians are A-OK?

Ted Kegebein