Impact of machinery on forest soil

dwheeler at dwheeler at
Sat Oct 24 10:23:49 EST 1998

In article <3630CBDB.86C0B691 at>,
  "Valéry Sicard" <aab954 at> wrote:
> I'm a student in forest ingeneering looking for informations on the
> impact of different kind of machineries (harvester,...) on forest soil.
> Impacts on compaction, composition, etc.
> Michael Plourde
> mplourde222 at
You might be better served by looking at the impacts of soil disturbance upon
mycorrhizal fungi. Dr. William Dennison of Oregon State University has noted
that direct ultraviolet light kills most mycorrhizal fungi. This plus soil
exposure would probably make it harder for the next generation survival.

Daniel B. Wheeler