Truffles starting to fruit

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Oct 31 13:23:19 EST 1998

Shroom season is just starting! Found some very nice cauliflower last week.

I just attended the northwest society of ecological restoration annual
conference and was very impressed by the research presented and questions posed.
Reminded me that industrial foresters aren't the only critters in the tree
business. Restoration forestry is working not only to coexist with healthy
fisheries and nontimber resources but to encourage the return of strong stocks
and stable streamside environments which will encourage non-celebrity species as
well.

There was a vendor of mycorhizal soil additives packed into little tea bags
(RTI).  All their samples were gone shortly after setting up. This isn't unknown
territory anymore.
Mike H.