Hazel Nut production

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Sun Sep 6 13:01:00 EST 1998

In article <35F2C98D.410D at livingston.net>, dstaples at livingston.net
says...

> Karl sent me a note on a group of NE Nut Growers, and one of them had a
> web page at http://www.badgersett.com.  Interesting "other" crop for
> those in the northern zones, and a web site that is very informative.

No kidding?  They're really getting into hazel nut production in
Nebraska?

It's of somewhat academic interest, but 90% of the US production of
hazelnuts is grown right here in Oregon.  The majority of the world
supply comes from Turkey.  It takes a pretty narrow climate spectrum to
make a go of commercial hazelnut cultivation.

-- Larry