ROOTS OF N.M. CONFLICT

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sun Sep 6 18:21:07 EST 1998

dwheeler at teleport.com wrote:

> The following article appeared in the Sunday, Sept. 6 issue of The Oregonian.
>
> ROOTS OF N.M. CONFLICT REACH DEEP INTO HISTORY, LEGACY OF LAND GRANTS

Some time back I answered a question by a Pole as to how to manage the
forests of Poland that had been returned to the people.  It seems that
the same advice can be used in the US, give the land back to the people,
and train them to sustained management of their resource.

Good post, dwheeler, missed it in the news.
--
Don Staples