New Mexico forest battles

BACKCUT backcut at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 15:10:50 EST 1998

My In-Laws live not to far from this area and over the years, I have been able
to become accepted by most of the locals.  This past summer, I put on a timber
falling training  course in this area.  The trainees (local loggers) were a
great group and were very appreciative of the information that was put out.
Many of these folks have been working as professional timber fallers for most
of their adult lives, until the "enviro's" were able to eliminate their
livelihoods.

Blue stained pine makes some of the most beautiful interior finish wood that I
have ever seen, and they know it.

Regardless of what anybody thinks, I for one am glad that they "took care of
business"!!!

Carl Smith