Your signature on the land

JimiFromMI jimifrommi at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 16:47:26 EST 1998

In article <35FE44ED.ED989CD6 at forestmeister.com>, Joseph Zorzin
<redoak at forestmeister.com> writes:

> Ya
>can't take away landowners rights. Ya can't force loggers to do
>silviculture. Ya can't force landowners to hire foresters. Nooooooo
>waaaay. That would be unAmerican. The hell with the future. Today is all
>that counts. And that's also what they believed in the second century at
>the peak of the Roman Empire; back when they still had forests on the
>mountains of Italy, where my ancestors came from. <G>

Was there a lot of individual land ownership back then -- or was it all
controlled by the government.  The future of US forests is relatively promising
BECAUSE it is not controlled by one entity -- especially our Federal Government
(U.S.) whose members are generally short sighted and more interested in funding
their next campaign as opposed to considering the long term health of our
nation.

The more landowners that become educated on forestry, the less likely they will
be taken advantage of by unscrupulous loggers.  Isn't that why we have the
burros - as a source for education?  There are many individual landowners that
think in terms of generations and will do the right thing.  I don't have the
same confidence in our government.

Regards.