Mycorrhizal fungi and seedling survival

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Wed Sep 16 11:10:40 EST 1998

Not bad!  How do you think results would have been different if the
season had been abnormally dry?  How well did the competing vegetation
do? What I'm curious about is whether the mycorhiza spreads to adjacent
species and benefits the competition. Did you pick that particular
innoculant for a site specific reason?
Soil innoculation has been shown to greatly improve the survival of
mixed plantings in restoration work.
Mike H.