Forest Focus - September 23, 1998

Joseph Zorzin redoak at
Thu Sep 24 03:41:31 EST 1998

Western Ancient Forest Campaign wrote:
> From: American Lands <wafcdc at>
> FOREST FOCUS, the bulletin of American Lands, September 23, 1998
> To reach us call (202)879-3188, fax (202)879-3189, or email
> wafcdc at
> MEGA-LEGISLATION:  It appears likely that the rest of this year s
> congressional business will be transacted in one bill, said an editorial
> by the Washington Post.  Both the House and the Senate have been
> fiercely debating a number of bills and now there isn't time to vote on
> them individually.

Because the clowns in Congress have have Puritanically and ignorantly
wasted all this time with Clinton's sex life. And for THAT I blame the
American people because they LOVE this nonsense, the way they just ate
up the O.J. Simpson trial - a nation of unsophisticated boobs and their
boob politicians.

> BEETLE INVASION:  The Asian long-horned beetle is causing an
> international trade dispute with China due to the threat it causes to
> American forests, reports the Economist.

Like, as if, nobody (environmentalists) didn't forecast this kind of
thing would happen? But then again, nobody listens to environmentalists
until AFTER the disasters strike.

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister
"The first forestry web page in  Massachusetts."
Henry David Thoreau
forestry newsgroups are found at bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry,
the coolest places on the planet for forestry discussion, where the
"cutting edge foresters" hang out