Georgia Lumber Co. left me a mess

NC Lorax (nospam) nclorax at infoave.net
Sun Sep 27 11:39:58 EST 1998

Robinson <robfarm at bellsouth.net> wrote in article
<36082F2B.7C6E at bellsouth.net>...
> Y'all may remember a couple of months ago when I talked about my
> problems with Georgia Lumber . I sold some timber to them with the help
> of a timber consultant,in early December of 1997, they had 12 months in
> the contract to cut the timber and then replace any gates or cables,
> doze up the debris and repair ruts caused by their equipment. They came
> in January and cut the timber , then vanished. They did return twice
> with a dozer ,did about half a days work, then claimed the blade broke
> or some such excuse then left and never returned. I've been onto my
> consultant to get on to get after them, he claims that he is trying but
> they are ignoring him too. So I'm going to start calling them myself
> every couple of days and see if maybe they'll get annoyed enough to just
> go ahead and do it.

Snip

> I've thought about putting up a big sign out by the road that says "This
> mess is courtesy of ......"
>  I'd appreciate any advice y'all could offer.
> Mike
> Mike and Lorri Robinson
> Monticello, GA
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/1915/

The sign is not a bad idea.  Also call your local Better Business Bureau,
Call the local paper and ask if they would like to do an article on local
logging practices and use you operation as an example, Stand up in church
and tell the group how you were treated so they won't get abused by the
same logger, tell all your friends and ask them to tell all their friends,
spread the word.....

NC Lorax