WALL: David Chain - A Perspective (fwd)

Michael Pelletier mikep at izzy.net
Mon Sep 28 20:49:23 EST 1998

In article <36133828.33744212 at news.mindspring.com>,
	Gunnut <dhaxton6 at mindspring.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:14:47 -0400, Joseph Zorzin
><redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:
>
>>> Now that I think about it, this might explain why I wasn't able to
>>> pick up any girls at that last Greenpeace meeting....
>>
>>See! If you had been howling with a book of poetry in your hands, those
>>green hippie babes would have been all over you! <G>
>>
>>woof, woof, howoooOOOOOOOwwwllllll
>
>Okay, here goes...
>
>I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
>          madness, starving hysterical naked,
>     dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
>          looking for an angry fix,
>     angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
>          connection to the starry dynamo in the machin-
>          ery of night,
>     who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
>          up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
>          cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
>          contemplating jazz,
>
>Hey girls...is it working yet?

Nah, you need bongo drums...  Hard to convey that over Usenet.

	-Mike Pelletier.
 "[It will] be very hard to increase browser share on the merits of
  [Internet Explorer] alone.  It will be more important to leverage
  the OS asset to make people use IE instead of Navigator."
			-- Christian Wildfeuer, a Microsoft Manager