WALL: David Chain - A Perspective (fwd)

Gunnut dhaxton6 at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 28 20:34:27 EST 1998

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:14:47 -0400, Joseph Zorzin
<redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:

>> Now that I think about it, this might explain why I wasn't able to
>> pick up any girls at that last Greenpeace meeting....
>
>See! If you had been howling with a book of poetry in your hands, those
>green hippie babes would have been all over you! <G>
>
>woof, woof, howoooOOOOOOOwwwllllll

Okay, here goes...

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
          madness, starving hysterical naked,
     dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
          looking for an angry fix,
     angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
          connection to the starry dynamo in the machin-
          ery of night,
     who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
          up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
          cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
          contemplating jazz,

Hey girls...is it working yet?