WALL: David Chain - A Perspective (fwd)

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Sep 29 04:06:37 EST 1998

Gunnut wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:14:47 -0400, Joseph Zorzin
> <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:
> >> Now that I think about it, this might explain why I wasn't able to
> >> pick up any girls at that last Greenpeace meeting....
> >
> >See! If you had been howling with a book of poetry in your hands, those
> >green hippie babes would have been all over you! <G>
> >
> >woof, woof, howoooOOOOOOOwwwllllll
> Okay, here goes...
> I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
>           madness, starving hysterical naked,
>      dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
>           looking for an angry fix,
>      angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
>           connection to the starry dynamo in the machin-
>           ery of night,
>      who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
>           up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
>           cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
>           contemplating jazz,
> Hey girls...is it working yet?

Wow, you're almost another Alan Ginsberg, who wrote a poem called
"Howl". With those skills, I suggest you write a poem about our great
heroes, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, and Ken Star- the guiding lights
of American civilization, leading us into the new century of a 2 class
system, the very rich and the very poor- the way it ought to be-
somebody to sit on the verandahs drinking mint julep and somebody to
deliver it, while the work is done by other nations.

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister
"The first forestry web page in  Massachusetts."
Henry David Thoreau
forestry newsgroups are found at bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry,
the coolest places on the planet for forestry discussion, where the
"cutting edge foresters" hang out