WALL: David Chain - A Perspective (fwd)

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Sep 29 04:06:37 EST 1998

Gunnut wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:14:47 -0400, Joseph Zorzin
> <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:
>
> >> Now that I think about it, this might explain why I wasn't able to
> >> pick up any girls at that last Greenpeace meeting....
> >
> >See! If you had been howling with a book of poetry in your hands, those
> >green hippie babes would have been all over you! <G>
> >
> >woof, woof, howoooOOOOOOOwwwllllll
>
> Okay, here goes...
>
> I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
>           madness, starving hysterical naked,
>      dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
>           looking for an angry fix,
>      angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
>           connection to the starry dynamo in the machin-
>           ery of night,
>      who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
>           up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
>           cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
>           contemplating jazz,
>
> Hey girls...is it working yet?

Wow, you're almost another Alan Ginsberg, who wrote a poem called
"Howl". With those skills, I suggest you write a poem about our great
heroes, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, and Ken Star- the guiding lights
of American civilization, leading us into the new century of a 2 class
system, the very rich and the very poor- the way it ought to be-
somebody to sit on the verandahs drinking mint julep and somebody to
deliver it, while the work is done by other nations.

--

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister
http://forestmeister.com