slick propaganda by Weyerhaeuser??

Christopher Erickson chrerick at email.msn.com
Sat Apr 3 06:17:50 EST 1999

Larry Caldwell's excellant post I think says it about right -- depends on
where you live.

The Oregon system is a good balance between environmental and timber
interests.

An important point to make is that silviculture depends on the good will of
the people who are in the woods. One reason the Oregon system works so well
is the very strong environmental ethic that characterizes Oregon loggers.
There is an ethos in Oregon that may not be as prevalent in other regions of
the U.S.

On the other hand, as I explained in another post, Mexico has very
progressive forestry regulation on paper, but these laws go unenforced due
to bandito activity.

news:3701bab0.11266820 at news...