Chestnut

DVK dvank at michweb.net
Fri Dec 3 14:05:17 EST 1999

Horsechestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum Linnaeus) is actually more closely related
to the Ohio Buckeye than the American Chestnut.

According to "Michigan Trees":    Fruit: . . .bitter, not edible, potentially
posionous.

I recall from memory other sources indicating poisioning of certain livestock
(?) . . .  Sorry for the bad news about the nuts, but there may be hope for the
wood!

Regards.