The Disappearing Forest

KMorrisD kmorrisd at
Sat Jan 9 14:25:44 EST 1999

dwheeler at wrote:

>As Smith in Forest Crops put it so eloquently, first the saw, then
>the plow, then move on when the soil is depleted.

The title of the book is Tree Crops: A Permanent Agriculture by J Russell
Smith, 1929 and 1950.  It's still in print.  See
-8293052-5338613.  Unfortunately the review here is a lousy one.  This really
is a wonderful book.  I can see I have a book review to write.  You may borrow
the book from the Northern Nut Growers' library at if you're a member (worth the dues just
for borrowing books).

Karl Davies