SFA Forum- Vancouver, BC

Diana paisa at direct.ca
Sat Jan 9 14:11:40 EST 1999

For interested parties of the bionet.agroforestry newsgroup,

The Students for Forestry Awareness are holding a forum on the Nisga'a
Treaty entitled "Nisga'a Treaty Forum:  Implications on BC Forest
Management".   The forum will  be held January 14, 12:30 to 2:30pm in FSC
1005.

This is your opportunity to gain first hand information on this complicated
issue.  Our featured speakers are:

Dr. Roslyn Kunin, Ph.D.
Executive Director, The  Laurier Institution,
Editor of Prospering Together:  Understanding BC's Aboriginal Land
Settlements

Collier Azak
Nisga'a Tribal Council Forester
Interim Protection Measures Coordinator
He is from the house of N'iis'yus of the Killerwhale tribe, Nisga'a Nation.

Phil Symington, R.P.F.
Analyst Aboriginal Affairs Branch of the Ministry of Forests

Patrick Kelly
Consultant
Treaty Negotiator for the Lakahahmen First Nation
Member Lakahahmen First Nation of the Sto:lo Nation

For more information on this Forum and its featured speakers please visit
our web site:
http://www.forestry.ubc.ca/aande/sfaevnt.html

Summary of Event