Tulloch Rule (Wetlands)

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Jan 15 12:27:07 EST 1999

Don Staples wrote:

> Date:
>         Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:14:54 -0800 (PST)
>    From:
>         Loren Larson <acf at igc.apc.org>
>      To:
>         Recipients of saf-news <saf-news at igc.apc.org>
>
> Landowners win wetlands case
>                      Thursday, January 14, 1999
>
> The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will not seek a Supreme Court review of
> a lower court decision that
> allows landowners to remove soil from wetlands without a permit.
>
> This decision is being lauded as a hard-fought victory for landowners by
> the National Association of Home
> Builders. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is not commenting on the
> case.

(rest snipped)

Certainly Loren Larson has a right to his views, and a right to provide
that info to saf.news, I just hope he isn't making this an official
position of the ACF.

Are we to be proud now that developers can now WASTE wetlands? Is that
Larson's point? If so, fine, as long as it's his PERSONAL opinion, not a
position of the ACF; which shouldn't get itself involved with such
touchy issues; instead it should dedicate all it's efforts on BETTERING
the role of the forestry consultant.

Or, so, at least that's my opinion.

Der Forestmeister