Douglas fir in NZ

dwheeler at teleport.com dwheeler at teleport.com
Sat Jan 16 15:52:32 EST 1999

Those interested in growing Douglas fir may be interested by the data found
at the site below, from New Zealand. Special care should be made referencing
the mycorrhizal fungi. A few years ago I sent a pound of Tuber gibbosum to
Ian Hall, who is working closely with the French Black truffle plantations.
To date he has been unable to get T. gibbosum to grow, although there is at
least one Tuber sps. found with Douglas fir in NZ.

http://www.caverock.net.nz/~bj/d-fir.htm

Daniel B. Wheeler
http://www.oregonwhitetruffles.
"I like to walk a mile in a man's shoes before criticizing him. That
way, if he gets angry, I'm a mile away. And he's barefoot."