Germination of the Cherries

Don Staples dstaples at
Thu Jan 21 23:18:52 EST 1999

Years ago I read you could scarify the seed hulls and expect
germination, or, treat with a mild acid and plant.  all I can remember
of old memories.

Alfaya wrote:
> Germination of the Cherries:
> Does somebody know How could I make germinate wild cherries (Prunus
> avium)?.  I know that the fruit-seed is activated upon going by the stomach
> and intestine of the birds, but does any way exist of activating the
> fruit-seed so that you can make grow up new trees without birds?
> Thanks very much.
> Evaristo Alfaya
> alfaya at

Don Staples
UIN 4653335

Web Offerings:

For Forestry Conversation, Information, or Questions:  The news groups
bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry are available.  is a commercial site that is one of the
best sites  on the web for forestry information and offers a bulletin
board for questions/comments.