pesticide remanence

christophe tourenq tourenq at tour-du-valat.com
Tue Jul 13 07:52:22 EST 1999

I am doing a PhD on the use of rice fields by waterbirds.
One of our hypothesis is that birds are less frequent on old paddies
(with several years of rice cultivation on them) than in youngs (first
year of rice cultivation). Because of the successive use of pesticides
and ploughing that may affect communities of Invertebrates, old paddies
may be then less interesting for insectivorus birds.
Does anyone aware of papers dealing with impact of successive ploughing
and pesticide use on soil Invertebrate fauna?