Quincy Plans Call For More Logging

HULTGREN arne at snowcrest.net
Sun Jun 27 10:49:04 EST 1999

The QLG plan does come anywhere near cutting the net growth in the area (it
barely exceeds mortality). The plan was NOT developed by Washington
lobbyists. That is why the eco-freaks from D.C. are frothing at the mouth:
they were cut out of the power play. The plan WAS established by LOCAL
eco-groups, public officials and commercial forester folks; and done by
consensus (which means anyone at anytime could've torpedoed the whole
thing). It's a plan that the folks who live there believe represents good
land stewardship. So let's keep the outsiders OUT, and see how this whole
thing works. It's much better that  turning over the management of USFS
lands to the fire trucks.
-AH
news:3774081e at news1.jps.net...