Loggers Killed in Slide

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Tue Mar 2 23:28:09 EST 1999

In article <36DAC9A1.A35DB354 at michweb.net>, dvank at michweb.net writes:

> What about the inner city 7-11 store clerk (or gas station / minimart, circle
> Ks et al)?  Have they improved upon the quality of bullet proof glass?

> Oh, they probably can't afford life insurance, anyway.  At least those
> garbage collectors are rich.

So what is the death rate per 100,000 for convenience store clerks?  I
have never seen any stats to base a judgement on.  I tend to think it is
not that dangerous, since it makes the front page every time one gets
murdered.  The exceptional thing about the loggers getting killed in the
slide is not that they got killed, it's that the big city media paid any
attention.  The most a dead logger usually gets is an obit in the back
pages of some small town newspaper.

-- Larry