Fwd: 1998 was Warmest Year of Millenium

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sat Mar 6 22:06:56 EST 1999

KMorrisD wrote:

> Don Staples <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:
>
> >Interesting article on Discovery Channel, I think this past week end,
> >about ice cores from the Artic being studied for reference to warming,
> >on a global basis.  The jist of it was that there has been global
> >warming for the past 30,000 years, part of an interglaciation period.
>
> I thought that was the last 10,000 years.

Withdrawal of ice sheets began some 30,000 years ago, I think I remember
reading, and the last 10,000 have been steadily warming.

Don Staples
UIN 4653335

For Forestry Conversation, Information, or Questions:  The news groups
bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry are available.
http://forestry.miningco.com  is a commercial site that is one of the
best sites  on the web for forestry information and offers a bulletin
board for questions/comments.