Cremation: the Hygenic way

Chris Hedemark hedemark at raleigh.ibm.com
Wed Mar 10 13:19:20 EST 1999

Harold Lindaberry wrote:

> > Only if you are a Yank and go for the formaldehyde route.
>
>     There's no other way - the law you know.

Not true.  The first big thing you need to understand here is that the
Internet doesn't only exist in your backyard.  Now that we've gotten
through with that, I'll proceed with an example.  A loved one was buried
(in the U.S.) in 1994.  We were given the option of whether to pickle
her or not.  Since she asked for a closed casket service we didn't see
any value in pickling her and put her into the earth as-is without
having the funeral home go through special preparation.

--

Chris Hedemark
Work: IBM eNetwork Dispatcher