WTO Doesn't Like Forests

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 21:04:31 EST 1999

Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com wrote:

>Standards may or may not go down, depending on local laws. I seriously
>doubt actual state laws or other local laws in other nations could be
>wiped out.

Joe, that's the WHOLE PURPOSE of these trade deals.  See

In Massachusetts they've already eliminated the law prohibiting purchase of
products made by corps doing business in Burma.  See

In Canada they've wiped out the law against that toxic fuel additive MMT.  See

As far as the big corps are concerned, these judicial actions are just the