WTO Doesn't Like Forests

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 21:04:31 EST 1999

Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com wrote:

>Standards may or may not go down, depending on local laws. I seriously
>doubt actual state laws or other local laws in other nations could be
>wiped out.

Joe, that's the WHOLE PURPOSE of these trade deals.  See
http://www.policyalternatives.ca/mai.html.

In Massachusetts they've already eliminated the law prohibiting purchase of
products made by corps doing business in Burma.  See
http://www.citizen.org/pctrade/Burma/uscourt.htm.

In Canada they've wiped out the law against that toxic fuel additive MMT.  See
http://alt.venus.co.uk/weed/humour/ethyl.htm.

As far as the big corps are concerned, these judicial actions are just the
beginning.

Karl