@ Death to Monsanto! @

Adam Whyte-Settlar glw at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 16:35:39 EST 1999

Isn't there a crucial difference between genetically breeding a tree
and genetically modifying a tree?
Selective breeding has been going on for centuries - ie picking the
best of the crop as a seed plant. But using a virus to kill part of a
genetic code and inserting a string from another species entirely is
completely different.
And as usual we havn't really got a clue what will be the end result
30 years down the line.
And OK - we don't eat trees but other things do and we eat them.
In the long run its all the same- it will end up in the food chain
sooner or later.