slick propaganda by Weyerhaeuser??

Jim Frost jimfrost at hctc.com
Sat Mar 27 22:01:38 EST 1999

Michael Hagen wrote:

> Very cool.  And now I have to objection to their being able to bid on
> Washington State DNR timber sales, from which had been banned
> previously, to prevent the mixing of domestic and exportable logs.

Since when?  I thought that if a company is a exporter they are not
allowed to buy public timber.  Did they take the step I've seen some
companies do, create a new arms-length company, that allows them to bid
on public sales?  And if so, they couldn't sell it the the Weyerhaeusr
mills, could they?  Who do they sell it to?

Jim