Experiences with Spin Out

Ron Neely ccron at showme.missouri.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:26:13 EST 1999

As part of a small-scale  reforestation project,  I container grow a few
hundred trees every year in a nursery area on my property.  I have been
reading some very favorable reports about a product called Spin Out which is
applied to the inside of nursery pots to control root growth.  The copper
compounds in the product kill the apical tip of the root when it contacts the
wall of the container thereby inducing the growth of lateral roots.  The end
result is said to be a plant with a fibrous root system which resists
transplant shock and which is better able to take up nutrients after being set
out.

Just wondering if anyone on this NG has had any personal experiences with this
product which they would be willing to share.

Ron Neely
lower Missouri River valley
USDA zone 5a