Owls Created Jobs

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Mar 31 05:40:56 EST 1999

TREEFARMER at webtv.net wrote:

> I don't know if the owl situation in the PNW has anything to do with it
> but I've never seen as much timber being cut as what's being cut now.
> There are piles of logs all over the place here in West Central
> Illinois. Is this going on everywhere else?

Logging in America goes in waves. The lumbermen work their way through
an area as the timber becomes mature, usually cutting most of it, then
come back in another generation after the land recovers from the
massacre. And of course it depends if you've had a period of major farm
abandonment a generation ago. These items are often more important than
current market conditions.
--
Joe Zorzin, Silviculture Practicing Forester
http://forestmeister.com