Global Free Logging Agreement

Ted Kegebein kegebein at planttel.net
Wed Nov 3 20:11:43 EST 1999

Bob Taylor wrote:

> Whatever.  The point being that ritual, simplistic finger-pointing at
> "corporate entities" does not take one very far toward explaining the
> Depression.

Pray tell me where I have ever used "ritual, simplistic finger-pointing
at 'corporate entities'"?

Perhaps you mistake me for Mr. Davies, who called them "corporate suck
heads".

I recognize the fact that corporations are in business to make money
for their stock holders, that is their duty. I also recognize the
fact that many, if not most, belief that they cannot
compete in the global free market. Well, some cannot, and will not.

But, I have faith in the ability of Americans to innovate, create,
and survive anything that competition can throw at us.

Just as the automobile industry had to change in order to
survive, so will the large timber corporations. And just as
the automobile industry fought it tooth and nail, so goes
our "special interest".

Remember also, the WTO has provisions for "dumping" goods
at below cost. With this protection, what do our companies
have to fear?